Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eric and Arthen

On the off chance that someone somewhere is wondering what happened to Eric and the story that I was posting upon this blog, I thought I would enlighten that someone.
Eric changed his name to Nikolas and left Narthlan, heading south to attend The University at Cirithul, which I did not know existed until he decided to attend it. When I asked him how he got so much money he replied that his family was in fact a merchants family in Morkal, and while his father was dead, his uncle was taking perfectly good care of him.

Arthen also went on several excursions (he still will not tell me where he went), and informs me that it was not Ethelstein to whom Fingarion gave the weapons, but to King Ulrayne some two hundred years before Ethelstan (Arthen says I spelled it wrong too) ascended the throne of a kingdom several hundred miles south of where Ulrayne ruled.

I have been attempting to correct my errors, but Rovik has been most uncooperative, and Raven refuses to follow any rules whatsoever. Several new characters have found their way into the story, and Arthen has introduced me to several who I knew only from brief meetings some time ago.

On the whole the tale is coming along, but people are so contrary, and characters simply refuse to do as written and will insist on going somewhere else to look after interests I did not know they had. However, Arthen has given me multiple manuscripts for research, and if you want something to read I can reproduce some of them. Most of them are of old, old times but some people might find them interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment