Monday, March 17, 2014

Intentions and Decisions

During the sermon yesterday, the pastor made the statement that  'Intentions do not shape outcomes, your decisions do". The world is full of people with good intentions. Christians are known for their good intentions, but they are not known for their good decisions. 
Great leaders, people who truly make an impact make the right decisions at the right time. 
It is easy to have good intentions, but we lay the groundwork for our impact in the little decisions we make alone. More often than not, greatness is achieved not by making one or two large, far-reaching decisions that have great impact, but rather by thousands of small decisions that alone seem insignificant, but when strung together have great impact. 
As I am trying to get into better shape, I can intend to be better, I can even decide on the morning of my running test that I will be faster, but it will do me little good. I am made better by consistently deciding not to sleep in, by deciding to put in the extra work out, by deciding to do an extra five minutes, I can get a little better. By consistently making the right decisions we can act on our intentions to achieve our goals. 

Intentions are important, but they must be followed by disciplined decision making. So take a few minutes and think about what your goals are and what decisions you are making to achieve them. You have made the first step, now follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment